“Voting is the right by which other rights are protected.”
~ Thomas Paine
ReVote2017 is petitioning our government’s judicial branch to enjoin the results of the 2016 election, based on the Guarantee Clause of the United States Constitution which says:
Article IV, Section 4: The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.
Our petition is based on the assertion that the Russian State interfered with and, indeed, influenced our election. The question of complicity by any American politician is not material to this legal argument.
Here are some of our corroborating findings:
- According to former Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, 17 intelligence agencies affirm that the Russian government directed election interference.
~ Source: npr.org January 5, 2017
- CIA, FBI, & NSA assess with high confidence that Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential campaign.
~ Source: www.intelligence.senate.gov – ‘Background to Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions In Recent US Elections’ January 6, 2017
- On March 20, James Comey told the House Intelligence Committee that the FBI had been investigating Russian interference in the election since July, 2016.
~ Source: Newsweek March 29, 2017
- According to a Joint Analytic Report (JAR) by the Dept. of Homeland Security & the FBI: the U.S. Government confirms that 2 Russian Intelligence Services intruded into a U.S. political party via cyber espionage.
~ Source: JAR-16-20296A December 29, 2016
- According to testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, 15,000 operatives worldwide participated in spreading false news stories and conspiracy theories online.
~ Source: @CBSEveningNews March 31, 2017
- On February 27, 2017 the GOP Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, declared: ‘We know Russia meddled in the election. No one is disputing that.’
~ Source: Paul Ryan press conference (http://www.mediaite.com/online/paul-ryan-we-know-russia-meddled-in-the-election-no-one-is-disputing-that/) 2/27/2017
- Phone records and intercepted calls show that Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian Intelligence the year before the election.
~ Source: The New York Times 2/14/2017
- Christopher Steele’s “highly contested” dossier is being verified piece by piece. Most recently, a Russian Diplomat was identified as a spy.
~ Source: BBC News, March 30, 2017
- The CIA has identified Russian officials who fed hacked material through 3rd parties to WikiLeaks at the direction of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
~ Source: Reuters January 5, 2017
- FBI Chief Comey confirms that Russia used WikiLeaks to release hacked information.
~ Source: DAILY KOS Monday Mar 20, 2017
- Russian-fed WikiLeaks DNC emails were detrimental to Clinton/Sanders & intentionally divisive to the Democratic Party.
~ Source: ABC News July 25, 2016
- Taking a closer look at Florida:
a. Hillary Clinton was reported to have an insurmountable lead prior to Election Day.
~ Source: Palmer Report November 18, 2017
b. The FBI made an emergency call to all 67 Florida Elections Supervisors.
~ Source: Tampa Bay Times September 30, 2016
- According to state election officials and a Homeland Security Department official, voter systems in Illinois, Arizona, Florida, and perhaps 20 other states were hacked.
~Source CNN Politics, August 30, 2016 and Chicago Tribune, September 20, 2016
- In October 2016 Harry Reid sent a letter to James Comey claiming that Comey possessed “explosive information” about Trump’s ties to Russia, and “The public has a right to know this information.”
~ Source: The Hill October 31, 2016
- John McCain commented that, by assaulting a foundational principle of American democracy, Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election was an act more destructive than if the US had been attacked through conventional warfare. “It’s one thing to destroy a building with a bomb or inflict damage, but if you destroy the fundamentals of a free and open society, which is what democracy is all about, you inflict incredibly heavier damage.”
~ Source CNN Politics April 1, 2017
- Dick Cheney stated that Putin made “a very serious effort”… “to interfere in major ways with our basic, fundamental democratic processes.” And: “In some quarters that would be considered an act of war.”
~ Source: CNN Politics March 27, 2017
- Prior to the election, the CIA briefed the Senate, the House & President Obama about Russian election interference – to actively elect Donald Trump — and Mitch McConnell squashed it.
~ Source: Crooks And Liars December 10, 2016
- Trump’s ex-campaign manager, Paul Manafort, according to a Ukrainian official, was paid $12 million by a pro-Russian political party.
~ Source: Washington Post 8/13/16
- Trump’s ex-campaign manager, Roger Stone, communicated with Russian hacker, Guccifer 2.0, during last year’s campaign, and had advanced knowledge of information that would be leaked.
~ Source: The Hill 3/10/17
- Trump Campaign advisor Michael Flynn worked as a foreign agent during the election campaign.
~ Source: The New York Times March 10, 2017
- The Senate Investigation was told that Marco Rubio, among other candidates who held unfavorable views toward Russia, was deliberately ‘sidelined’ by Russia.
~ Source: NEWSWEEK March 30, 2017